Qassim I. A. Muaidi
Professor Sports Physical Therapy
Professor Sports Physical Therapy
College of Applied Medical Sciences, Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University, Dammam, Saudi Arabia.
• Member of the Permanent Committee for Deans selection at Imam Abdulrahman bin Faisal University; 6/2023-Now
• Dean, College of Applied Medical Sciences from 9/2017-7/2022
• President of Saudi Universities Deans Council, College of Applied Medical Sciences from 4/2020-7/2022
• Vice Dean of Academic Affairs, College of Applied Medical Sciences from 7/2000-7/2016
• Chairman of the Physical Therapy Department from 2009-2018
• President of the Saudi Federation of Sports Medicine from 2013-2021
• Executive Board Member of the Asian Federation of Sports Medicine from 2018-20123
• Development Commission Member of the International Federation of Sports Medicine from 2019-2023
• Board Member of the Saudi Arabian Olympic Committee from 2014-2018
• Founder and Chairman of 5 Master of Science in Physical Therapy and the 1st PhD Programs in Saudi Arabia
• Founder, Board Chairman of Physio-one Centre in Dammam, Saudi Arabia 2016.
• Founder, and Board Chairman of Reha Sports Medical Company LCD in Dammam, Saudi Arabia 2014.
• Founder, Board Chairman of Reha Sports Academy in Dammam, Saudi Arabia 2022.
• Advisory Board Member at several College of Applied Medical Sciences in Saudi Arabia
• Professor and Consultant Physical Therapy in Sports Medicine at Imam Abdulrahman bin Faisal University
• Chairman of the Congress and the Organizing Committee of the 17 Asian Federation of Sports Medicine Congress, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
• Obtained a PhD in Physiotherapy from the University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia, 2008 Master’s degree in Sports Physiotherapy from University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff, UK 2004. In addition to a specialized post-graduate degree in Sports Physiotherapy from Manchester Metropolitan University, UK 2001. and a Bachelor of Science degree in Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy from King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia 1997. Obtained several professional certifications.
• More than 27 years of experience in the field of rehabilitation, physiotherapy, and sports medicine. I worked within the medical team for several Saudi national teams and Saudi clubs. I also worked as the head of the medical committee for under 14,12,10 years old football teams.
• Received several certificates and awards, organized, chaired, participated, and presented many courses, lectures and workshops in many local and international conferences and seminars.
• Authored and published more than 60 medical research in the field of sports medicine, sports injuries, and rehabilitation.
• Served as chairperson and member of many local, regional, and international academic and medical committees.
• Presented and participated in many initiatives and contributions in the field of sports medicine, rehabilitation and physiotherapy in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, foremost of which is the establishment of the first master’s program in physical therapy in the specialty of sports medicine in the Middle East and five other specialties, and established the first PhD program in the Kingdom in five specializations in Rehabilitation Sciences and established a center for exercise sciences and sports medicine at Imam Abdulrahman bin Faisal University, and also presented the initiative of the national project to monitor and prevent sports injuries in the Kingdom.
• I invented a knee rotatory kinesthetic device which examines knee proprioception “KRKD”, flexibility, and strength of the knee during rotation, the details of the device were published in the most prestigious international journals in the field of sports medicine.
• Served as the first president and founder of the Saudi Students Club in Sydney, Australia in 2005, and as a vice president of the Cardiff Club in the United Kingdom in 2013.
• I was also a table tennis player for more than 13 years in Al-Hilal Saudi Club, and I was chosen several times to represent the Saudi national table tennis team.
• An open and flexible mentality, I enjoy challenges, I love innovations, I have traveled to more than 35 countries, and I have lived for more than 7 years outside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to seek knowledge, expertise, and experience.